LISE SCHIFFER, LCSW
SOLUTION- FOCUSED COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
An exceptional therapist. I saw many doctors and other MSWs before Lise, with no benefit. She helped me turn things around. Her understanding, compassion, and energy separate her from anyone else I have seen. She has helped coordinate my treatment with my MD and gone above and beyond to help me achieve my goals, in a way no one else had. I can't say enough good things about Lise's skills, experience, and commitment to quality care.
Lise made me feel comfortable from the moment we sat down. I was completely at ease and felt i could be myself. Her office in her home makes you feel like you're at a friends house and only enhances the openness. There was never any pressure to continue sessions; it was completely up to me. When I'd said all I had to say and with her frank and honest feedback I knew when I was ready to stop. If I ever feel the need to talk to someone or get an objective opinion, I will not hesitate to call Lise. LOVED her!
- I've seen four separate therapists, until I found Lise! She listens - which is so key to this industry. And advises in such a way that has had me leave every session thinking about how to better myself. I really think that she is truly one of the best!
- I recommend Ms. Schiffer highly to anyone in need of a talk therapist. She clearly has a strong background, training and aptitude for her work and she works well with me as an individual. Finding a good therapist can be challenging, and I certainly feel fortunate to have found Ms. Schiffer.
- I have been seeing Lise for close to 2 years now. Lise is an amazing therapist -- kind, compassionate and supportive. She is honest and action-oriented and has helped me to become a better person both personally and professionally. She challenges you, and helps you to remain accountable to your goals. Lise has never let me down, and has always been willing to help or provide advice or just listen, even off-hours (via emails, or calls from work). I will be forever be grateful that I am able to work with her as my therapist.
- Lise is a brilliant therapist. She's very compassionate and warm. She not only listens deeply but helps me find my own insights and encourages me to find new ways of thinking and behaving. Because of her help I've been able to make healthy changes in my work and in my relationships. She's terrific!
- Recently I was going through a bad heartbreak. I felt alone and depressed. Then I hear about Lise so I decided to check her out. She is wonderful. I told her my situation and she helped me realize that not only was I hurt but I was blaming myself on something that really wasn't my fault. Ever since I came to that realization it's helped me moved on. I really reccomend Lise. She is a very understanding and caring person!!
- I highly recommend Lise Schiffer for her services. She is highly professional while showing compassion and kindness towards her clients. She does not give up on productive outcomes for her patients as they work through difficult times. She is patient, persistent and skilled at her craft. Most importantly, she cares.
- Lise has helped me through the most difficult time in my life, the loss of my father. For years I had been trying to "work through" the grief on my own. But then I met Lise and she helped me create useful tools to manage the grief and live out his legacy. I am forever grateful.
- I have been going to Lise for many years.I used to go on a weekly basis, but now I go a couple of times a month for things that come up in life. Lise remembers things about me that I told her years ago. She listens with all of her being, and I truly believe that have her in my life makes a huge difference. I more than highly recommend her for many issues that happen in your life. Anyone who sees her will not be disappointed .
- She always makes time for me even if it's a last minute appointment. She always listens with compassion and understanding. I would NEVER think about going to another therapist. Lise is the best.
- She is a great therapist. She's down-to-earth and has tremendous insight into human behavior. She's a great listener who asks probing questions to help you think about what's going on and what patterns you have been stuck in. She gives tangible advice and is extremely experienced with issues of family dynamics, and relationships.
- Lise is warm, welcoming, and brings a wealth of experience to each session. The sessions have always been a safe place and a momentary retreat from the world to yourself. Lise is very understanding, listening and grounding. She has been a tremendous help to me, as she continues to be. She is honest with you about your progress- maybe you come every three weeks instead of every week. She is a wonderful balance of nurturing and accountability. I have recommended friends to her in the past and would do so readily in the future.
Lise has been my therapist for a long time. She is professional, caring, timely, and has a profound knowledge of the disorders she treats. Her advice and methods are strong and produce positive results every time. I highly recommend her to anyone in need of sound therapy. She has been by far the single best professional I have ever worked with.
Lise is very good at what she does. She does not just sit and listen and let you talk. She challenges you to see possibilities, to see the positive and, ultimately, to see reality through the stress of life.